Mac Hester Law
How Being a Good Client Can Help Your Case: Part 2
Have you read our latest blog yet? If you have, then you already know that what you do as a client can have just as much of an impact on your case as what your slip and fall attorney does. Being a good client not only helps your attorney, but it can also help you to maximize the results of your case. In our previous post, we also talked about a couple of things that you can do to be a better client, including getting treatment from your regular doctor and being honest with your doctor. The following is a list of a few more pointers to in being a good client and get the results that you want.
Being a good client for your personal injury attorney:
- Avoid overdoing it with the alternative treatments.
- Although you may swear by your chiropractor, acupuncturist or massage therapist, too much alternative treatment can look bad to both insurance companies and juries. Talk to your lawyer before pursuing alternative treatments.
- Don’t try to pay for your care through liens.
- Some clinics may encourage you to try to pay for your care with liens from your settlement proceeds instead of using your insurance company, but this should only be used as a last resort. Using liens to pay for care creates an interest for your doctor in your case, looks bad to juries and makes insurance companies suspicious.
- Temper your expectations.
- Believe it or not, the higher and more unrealistic your expectations are, the less money you are likely to get in the end. If your expectations are too high, it makes you more susceptible to digging in your heels and saying no to reasonable settlement offers.
Do you need a personal injury and premises liability (slip and fall) lawyer in Northern Colorado?
Contact Mac Hester Law today. We have free consultations and there are no fees unless we win your case.