When people think about slip and fall cases, they often think about icy sidewalks or driveways. However, slip and fall cases often happen indoors. As a property owner or as a guest, it is important to be aware of indoor conditions that can lead to slip and fall lawsuits. We have compiled a list of circumstances in which a property owner can be held responsible for slip and fall injuries.
- A handrail is broken or missing
- Debris (dirt, trash, etc) is on the stairs
- One of more of the steps is so worn it has a rounded edge
- The stairs lack a non-slip surface or have been polished/waxed
- Escalators and elevators
- The mechanism makes sudden or unexpected movements
- Clothing, fingers, footwear, etc get caught in the machinery
- Inadequate barriers around wet or damp floor
- Inadequate warnings about floors being cleaned, damp, or wet
- Using too much wax/polish
- Applying wax/polish unevenly
- Treating only part of the floor, creating major differences in surface
- Applying wax/polish to a slope
- Failing to use non-skid products when they are required
If you have fallen indoors due to any of these conditions, you need to call Hester Law Firm today. We are experienced slip and fall attorneys, and we are ready to make sure you are repaid for whatever injuries you may have suffered. Even if you are not sure if conditions were bad enough to hold the owner responsible, you can still consult with us.
Contact us today. We serve Loveland, Fort Collins, Greeley, Longmont, Boulder, and Northern Colorado.